Research Article Debrief

Having finished the capstone of Mod 2, the research article, I think I should thank the 20.109 teaching team for ensuring putting it all together went so smoothly. Much like the data summary, I felt like the individual homework assignments retroactively felt like I had been slowly writing the article throughout the module, with the big help of having had edits to make it better (the methods section especially comes to mind here). It really helped having already basically drafted a plan for the results section, as having already considered what would go in/I would write about the figures made it much easier. I find that once I’ve put an idea down/given myself a rough roadmap, I can write pretty easily because I’m just following the story, and that was easily the case here. Really, the only part I felt that I really had to think/come up with concrete new ideas I hadn’t thought about before in the homework was when I was fleshing out the discussion section. I would say that this module definitely seemed to fit in with the whole online learning thing, as the focus was on the RNAseq analysis, which was all online. I do miss being able to work in lab though, and my first impressions of mod 3 are that it also lends itself well to online learning due to the amount of data analysis involved. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Message from the Peak of Everest

Zooming in on Journal Club

Reflections on 20.109