the weekend that was + look at the cool pic i attached!!!

Crazy to think that this past weekend was supposed to be one of the highlights of our sophomore year, with ring delivery, CPW, and the exciting marathon gatherings on our day off. Also crazy to think that we would have had so much to do this past weekend with our research article due on Monday and a 7.05 exam on Wednesday.
Writing this research article took a lot more time than expected. I think understanding what the takeaways or the big picture of our findings was the hardest part for me. It was also hard to put together an interesting, cohesive story without rambling on. Now that I have it turned in, I feel like I have a big weight lifted off my shoulders. These past few weeks of 109 have honestly been a lot, and now that we only have one more big project due (and it's supposed to be a more creative and fun one) I feel a lot better.
I'm also really excited about this research proposal because the things I was researching were SUPER cool. For example, one paper used ML to improve word decoding to an error rate close to human speech. I've been a lot more interested in CS and bio related projects since this unit where we learned to code in R, and there are a lot of really cool projects going on right now that necessitate skills in the lab and on the computer.
Finally, just a short recap of what would have been the most packed weekend of my semester: I watched one of the BEST red tides (bioluminescent plankton that make the waves glow bright blue – see attached pic that my bro took!) at a beach near me, made chocolate mousse for my bro's bday, found a great chai latte recipe, and spent a lot of time with my dogs. All while working hard at this research article, of course.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Message from the Peak of Everest

Zooming in on Journal Club

Reflections on 20.109