A Pawsitive way to end the semester

One positive aspect of doing school from home has been being able to bring my dogs to school with me. I never thought I would see the day when I could bring my dogs to lab, but the whole second half of the semester, my dogs have learned a ton about using R studio, RNA seq, qPCR, FACS, etc. Having my dogs in the lab has been probably the only silver lining to the work from home situation, but I am grateful for this opportunity. Last semester, I remember wishing my parents would let me bring one of my dogs to MIT to hang out with me and sit in on lectures. Little did I know that would become a reality the following semester. 
Since bringing the dogs to school, I have actually learned a lot about their study habits:
Molly (the white and tan dog) is definitely the ADHD dog. She is good at sitting in on lecture and focusing as long as there is nothing else going on at the house. Otherwise she just whines until I dismiss her. Moxy (the white and black dog) is really the best at just snuggling in and getting cozy on my lap for pretty much all lectures. She is not the best at actually taking in the information though because she does have a bad habit of falling asleep in class. 
Overall, it has been an unexpected finish to the semester with the dogs at my side, but it has honestly been a treat to share this experience with them.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Message from the Peak of Everest

Zooming in on Journal Club

Reflections on 20.109