Ad Meliora

I think this semester is one that is always going to be singularly, hopefully at least, unique. I certainly hope that I will look back one day from the far far future and realize how interesting I am and we are to have lived through a piece of history that will undoubtedly show up in a book. As I am writing this, almost everything has wrapped up for the semester and I'm still taken aback by how different everything is currently to what I had imagined. For someone who likes to stringently roadmap and plan things, pandemics are somewhat troublesome, mildly speaking of course. It's not exactly like I could've went back to January 2020 me and told myself to just set aside a few months period(as of now) wherein the world will turn upside down. So yes, we are no longer on campus, we truly have become Zoomers, my Brass Rat came by mail, and I haven't had a normal interaction with people outside of my family in about two months -- the order and importance of these events are up for interpretation.

So back to 20.109, the virtual portion did suffice to serve as a suitable substitute to what would've been a very hands-on lab class. For that, I have to really thank the instructors for trying their best to salvage the situation and make the best with a virtual format. I can honestly say that I felt like this class was very worthwhile to my growth as a scientific writer and it is among the few classes where I couldn't rely on regurgitating knowledge to pass. Although I'll moan and gripe about the assignments I lost countless hours of sleep to, having come out the other side, I can definitively say that my skills have improved. I no longer agonize over wording and figures as I once did back in the data summary for Module 1. Although there's still a long way to go before any publication, I can at the very least say I am slightly less newb as I was before.

So as I try to wrap my head around whatever this semester was, the good and bad, the ups and down, I think it's equally important to look ahead to when we'll get to reunite once more in person and have our overdue lunch :P. So as the Latin phrase of this entry's title(trying to dust off my Latin skills) declares, onwards to better things!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Message from the Peak of Everest

Zooming in on Journal Club

Reflections on 20.109