Final Blog

Well, this is the end to a new beginning.
       I would like to express my gratitude to the 20.109 teachers, staff, and TA's. You all were so helpful for the major assignments and during the unexpected transition to zoom lectures. You all make a great team. Overall, this class challenged me and oftentimes took me out of my comfort zone with the very technical presentations and writing. It is a shame that we were limited on our lab time due to events out of our control, but I am glad that we made the most of the situation. The MOD3 research proposal was interesting and made me realize how tedious it is to get a scientific proposal going and nevertheless finding the appropriate funding.
     As much as I improved from the great feedback from the staff, my peers also enriched my experience and growth in this classroom. Hearing presentations, receiving peer feedback, and working alongside my partner helped me improve my presentation and writing skills.
     From everything that I was able to learn from this class, I would also like to suggest that a class in R or a deeper review of this subject would be extremely helpful for future students. Not everyone comes from the same technical background and 6.00 really does not help that much for a transition to coding in R. Although the helper code made it easier, I was not able to completely grasp the reasoning behind certain functions and processes.
     I hope everyone as a great summer and makes the best out of these times. Hopefully, we are back on campus in the fall.
     Best,
        Fellow 20.109er
     

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Message from the Peak of Everest

Zooming in on Journal Club

Reflections on 20.109