Looking Back

Currently standing in mid-May and looking back at the semester, it's hard to believe that it's almost over. 20.109 is the most unique class I've taken so far, owing to the combination of laboratory activities and written/verbal communication exercises. I personally have grown as a science communicator through 20.109. I realized the value and effort necessary to write different types of scientific material accessible to many different audiences. I also gained a new sense of appreciation for storytelling. Every data set has a story within it and I learned that having pretty data isn't enough without a cohesive message to tie it together and convince others (including reviewers!) why they should care. Through 20.109, I feel ready to apply these skills to my own research. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Message from the Peak of Everest

Zooming in on Journal Club

Reflections on 20.109