Take 3

The final blog post has come upon us and, unsurprisingly, I still have little to no idea what to actually write about. I suppose a sort of reflection on the class as a whole would be appropriate? Hmmm, but I can also imagine that thing's might get a bit repetitive given that we have already had our feedback session. What to do, what to do? -Ok bet, let's go with that.

At first, I wasn't particularly looking forward to 109; those 15 units with 2 4-hr lab blocks absolutely weren't looking like the move. But having gone through the experience, 109 gets the distinction of being one of the few class experiences I would say that I enjoyed: not hated, like 8.01, not more or less apathetic towards, like 6.0001/2, but actually enjoyed. Though those chunks did cut into my availability for lab research, I have received some great benefits from the class, the most helpful of which has been from its written CI-M aspects. Though I have given presentations and journal clubs in the past, writing a full paper paper was an entirely new experience, one which will definitely come in handy in the future (provided that I'm successful with this whole biological research thing). Noreen, Leslie, Becky and all the course staff have continued to show me that Course 20 truly cares about its students and that a good lecturer is not only a competent teacher but also a genuinely caring person. Also have to big up* Erinn for being a truly phenomenal lab partner; it's not everyday you get to work with someone whose work style and schedule pair so well with your own. 

All in all, it was an overall positive experience. And would you look at that, we actually managed to write a somewhat cohesive blog post. And it only took three tries. You go, us!

*to big up (v.): to praise, congratulate, salute, etc.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Message from the Peak of Everest

Zooming in on Journal Club