What a thrilling end -- Emily's Third Blog Post

Dear blog,


So we just gave our research proposal presentation, and officially had the last class of 20.109!!! ☆☆☆

Sarah and I presented an antigen-based "pregnancy test" for COVID19.  I'm super glad this assignment gave me the opportunity to learn a lot about COVID. I feel like I have a much better understanding of the current crisis especially in terms of how limited diagnoses are contributing to the situation, and how much work it will take to curb it. 

All the papers we were reading also came out super recently; for example I would be reading a paper and then see that it came out literally yesterday! I've never studied something so relevant and standing right on the frontier of science. Every day researchers are putting out new information to share with the world. Through this assignment I also learned a lot about research groups on campus, and heard from a lot of MIT experts on diagnostics and COVID efforts which was super cool.

It was also really fun to make the presentation. We went all out on color and aesthetic, and even had some spicy transitions in there.

I'm kind of sad this class is over :( I loved doing science in a big room with so many other cool Course 20 kids, and then loved seeing all the beautiful faces on Zoom. I think we all made the best of a terrible situation and managed to learn a lot in these few months. I am already looking forward to that lunch reunion so we can all be together again!! 🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🥪🥪🥪🥪🍹🍹🍹


Sincerely,
Emily <3



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Message from the Peak of Everest

Zooming in on Journal Club

Reflections on 20.109